Friday, November 4, 2016

Yes, I were here

Another busy and blooming food court in Jalan Datuk Tawi Sli. In this new commercial area, Trinity Hub (before Biaramas office), I have been to 31 31 Cafe and The Best Corner. And this food court is named "Yes" Cafe.

front view from the road

Competition was tight among the food courts here. It was evident as it was hard to find parkings and seats on weekends as well as during lunch and dinner times on weekdays.
Back view from The Best Corner

I were here on the Friday when my kids had their Deepavali school holiday. We were here slightly before 11am. It was just nice; "Yes" Cafe was not too crowded and everyone was hungry as we woke up late and missed our breakfast.

I tried out the laksa stall as right before we reached there, I could smell the fragrant smell of the laksa.  Couldn't not resist the temptation.


I ordered the normal size for RM6.  It came swiftly and I were the first to eat my food.  The laksa was alright, but slightly oily to my liking.  I could have better laksa elsewhere but this bowl of laksa was just nice to satisfy anyone's craving.


The boys shared this plate of fried noodle from the fried stall.  RM6.00 per plate. I wonder why they put 2 slices of fish meat on the top. I would personally prefer fried shallots or spring onions to garnish my noodle, or even better with prawns for the price I paid. Not much ingredients other than eggs, small slices of chicken and few stalks of vegetable. Anyway, my boys enjoyed the noodle very much.




My girl had her favourite dish from the Western stall.  RM5 for this simple set of hot dogs, fried egg, coleslaw, hams, baked beans and peanut butter toast.

12 comments:

lina said...

A nice breakfast with the kiddos, ya. :)

suituapui said...

Oopsss!!! Now where did my comment disappear to? Tsk! Tsk!

PH said...

Very nice breakfast, I would choose the Sarawak Laksa too!

Wigglemania said...

Yesterday was Dorothy the Dinosaur's birthday, So we recorded a new single on SoundCloud to celebrate

Nancy Chan said...

Nice choices for breakfast. I usually will fall for laksa. Lol!

mun said...

I was surprised to see fish meat on the mee too. I was going to ask what meat it was when I saw the photo.

Yannie said...

The western food set is very reasonable price if compare to others.

Reanaclaire said...

Oh, I am surprised too.. Fish seldom goes with fried noodles.. hahaha.. good for a change, I guess...

Unknown said...

looks good! always a good day ;)

Merryn said...

My boys will be happy with that fish meat on the noodles. They love fish and this is so cute, to see the fish up there. Haha. I on the other hand will love to have the laksa.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I gonna miss Sarawak Laksa, as the stall i like has close liao, not doing business liao...

Sharon D. said...

You know what, Rose. I was so excited to see a Sarawak hawker stall here. I actually ordered 'kolo mee' because of you.. ~.^