Saturday, January 13, 2018

Works

It has been a busy week. So for the reason for the lack of posts and visiting your blogs lately.

I have been helping at my dad's shop since Monday. His clerk is retiring soon so I volunteered to help him temporarily till he could find a suitable clerk.

Dad's collection of name cards

The time is flexible; I could go out, run my errands and pick my children. That is one thing about working for family that I like.

Old cabinet

Then came Thursday, I had my kitchen cabinet torn down. The wooden feature underneath has rot due to water over the years so a part of the counter top collapsed. The part where the sink was.

We are going to do a concrete feature. For time being, I would not be able to cook and my kitchen is a mess and dusty. Could not wait for my new cabinet to be ready; should be by next week.

One minute it was like this...

The next hour it was gone

New bones

That's all. A short update from me for now. Catch up with you guys soon, I hope. 

11 comments:

suituapui said...

I would love to get my kitchen done too but I hate having people round to do renovation works in the house, so very messy. I get so stressed out.

mun said...

A new kitchen for the new year!

The Yum List said...

Well, not having a kitchen is a good excuse to go out to eat ;-)
All the best for the renovations.

Reanaclaire said...

I can imagine the mess cos I also just renovated my house last year... but after all being done and cleaned, it is worth the trouble.. hahaa

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Oh...the kitchen cabinet is ruined. Don't worry, replacement is on the way.

Libby said...

Ya renovation works are messy, I had experienced it before.

Looking forward to your new kitchen cabinet.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Soon will be a new cabinet liao ya...

Nancy Chan said...

After the mess, you will have a brand new kitchen! I dread renovation and repair works in the house because of the mess!

PH said...

I'm sure your kitchen will be lovely once it is all done and completed. That should motivate you to cook more, right? LOL!

lina said...

Can't wait to see your new kitchen cabinet.

Sharon D. said...

I am loving that it's concrete. Solid! Mine's beginning to rot too. I can see the signs but am not looking forward to getting it done. Can't wait to see your new cabinet!