Friday, February 26, 2016

Green lately

Now that the busy part of CNY is behind me, I could put my energy into one of my hobbies. Gardening!!

My plants needed some trimming and taking care of. So few mornings ago, I took almost an hour trimming off those crawlings and dying leaves. At least I think they looked better.


And I also re-organised my plants. Putting most pots under the sun.  For now, they would stay like this.


The weather has been sunny lately with lesser rain so I have to water my plants twice a day. Usually I only do it once, in the morning. 


Been thinking of doing some racks or stands for my plants but that would be my future list-to-do.

I hope you will go out and let stories happen to you, and that you will work them, water them with your blood and tears and your laughter till they bloom, till you yourself burst into bloom.
Clarissa Pinkola Estés,
Women Who Run With the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype

10 comments:

Yee Ling said...

Like your lil garden of yours. So beautiful. Recently most of the flowers in my garden have gone withered. Some I discovered termites living in the soil and destroyed my whole plant. Now I just stick to some a few plants and vegetables.

Anonymous said...

I read somewhere that those leaves are poisonous:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUJDB1uoB8o
but I read somewhere that it is only when you eat it. Make sure your kids do not play with the leaves, wash hands when they touch them.

Your plants look so nice, not like mine - struggling to survive. :(

Anonymous said...

"Dieffenbachia amoena, or Dumb Cane, is a plant widely used for interiorscapes and houseplants. The name Dumb Cane reflects the fact that the acrid sap will burn the mouth and numb the throat to the extent that it may even paralyze the vocal cords. The plant should not be used around small children who are likely to put things in their mouths."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq1LIJmMdOY&ebc=ANyPxKr5EOnV2N3lHOKTxxEcuiwslsWW-8d-loxT_2cEaQUUMb29c5_I09aam-dHeHtuSmTjWH9klJI5QeUXywgpuWb2KF9FRg

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Here has been sunny too except on Wed, rainy day...

Sharon D. said...

Beautiful, Rose! I lost some of my plants when I went away for a long CNY holiday. And I haven't had time to revive those that survived properly. Busy looking after my MIL who's visiting us now..haha. ^.^

Princess Ribbon said...

Green fingers! Nice garden, I don't have that.. But I'm always interested to plant herbs.. Like those mat salleh from Food Network, they pick their herbs from the garden and terus cook..

Nancy Chan said...

I am also going through my garden. Trimming, weeding and trying to revive some plants that are attacked by pests. Not able to do much because of hot sun.

Agnes CF Lee said...

The weather is dry lately, I hardly find the time to check on the plants at home,luckily my better half waters the plants every night.

Imemily said...

greeny environment is good
I hope I live at landed property so that I can plant something too

mun said...

Wow, you are so diligent to do all the gardening and watering. Good to have gardening activities as greens are soothing to the eyes.