Sunday, January 10, 2016

Works around the house

On Thursday, we had the handyman come over and do some rectification and fixing works around the house. It took them the whole day to get everything done. 


From fixing the heater wiring in the downstair bathroom, to change new points for lighting and replace broken or loose powerpoints and fixing my leaking taps.


Once a while they had to switch off the main switch and as the day turned dark, the kids entertained themselves in the dark with the emergency light.



And how happy am I as my new lanterns have been put up too.  No, nothing red for the coming CNY. I prefer this new lanterns more.




A great relief to have the works done so our house could be ready and functional. Next agenda? A big spring cleaning and shopping for the coming CNY.

12 comments:

Huai Bin said...

Nice! Got CNY mood dy since it's less than a month till the holidays! :)

I actually bought my fireworks dy. Haha. Nowadays they sell via Whatsapp, got the largest one (530 shots, bigger than my previous year's 333 shot cake).

I used to have an emergency light just like yours too! It was very popular (and necessary) in Sarawak since we would have frequent power cuts.

Sharon D. said...

I did half my shopping today, Rose! Hah! Spring cleaning was done last month. Think I'm almost ready. ;)

Ezvina said...

Yeay for the shopping part. The rest not so much :(

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha!!! The fan and light that I gave you can double as a toy too, eh? Good! Good!

Unknown said...

Oh yes...sometimes one item in the house spoilt. The next thing followed by, here spoilt and there. CNY coming soon...at least must do some spring cleaning and decorate the house.

Unknown said...

This year MIL request new curtains...heheh can't wait to see the result.

ChrisAu said...

Wow... Getting ready for CNY ya?

Hayley said...

Nice lantern! Time to spring clean and get ready for CNY right?

Mumsgather said...

Nice lanterns. Better than the commercial red ones that looks like from restaurant or street. :)

mun said...

Those new lanterns are very nice!

Nancy Chan said...

I like your new lanterns. I have not started on the spring cleaning yet..lazy me!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Nice lanterns...