Tuesday, September 1, 2015

After the weekend

I have never sleep so much in one weekend!

Correction. I have never been sleeping so much in a day with my kids around. Bless them.

We spent the long weekend snuggling in bed enjoying longer moments of sleeping in. A pure blessing after a tiring week.

When we finally got out of our beds, we headed out for brunch. I hardly cook this past days. Yup, this lazy mummy trying many excuses not to cook sometimes. *wink wink*

But I did cooked last night because I got a surprise package from my dad from Sibu. Deep-fried pork trotter from Hong Fu Seafood. His staff went back to Sibu for the long weekend and helped to buy and carry this delicious package over.


That would be our leftover dinner tonight as we could not finish it last night.


And when we were not going anywhere, I spent my times reading. Just bought a new novel by Ruth Rendell and have been glued to it since I started to read it over the weekend.

And a nice participant in Book Travelling Project gave me this lovely bookmark. Now I have a new bookmark whenever I read new book.

The kids? They have enough fun over the weekend. Mummy and daddy wanted to "peng" (faint) while they were so full of energy and making noises and messes around the house. But they did have their quiet moments like when watching their favourite tv channel.

Now that the weekend is over, I am kind of miss it. 

9 comments:

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Count down to the next weekend... hehe...

Princess Ribbon said...

Kids grown up, let them do something they like or snacks to munch, and they'll be quiet.. And you get your novel time.. Nice..

Ezvina said...

Sounds like a great weekend you had there.

Blackswan said...

I love reading a good book, but I found myself reading lesser & lesser since I started blogging. Can't seemed to find time. Lol!

Linda said...

Sounds like an enjoyable weekend, Rose. Weekends are never nearly long enough. :)

Nancy Chan said...

Give them some fun time with lots of activities and when they are tired, settled them down to yummy snacks and their favourite TV show. Then you can have your reading time.

mun said...

nice to spend time at home too.

Merryn said...

I'm impressed that you can find the time to read a book. I can't even have time to do anything when Ayden is awake. Something must be wrong with my parenting style then. Hmm... Help me? Hehe.

Anonymous said...

Aha!!! Missing that Hong Fu Filipino pork leg eh? My cousin's hubby would buy a few and stuff in his freezer in Kuching, would take out and heat whenever there is some occasion to do so. I've tried the one at the Filipino restaurant at Padungan - not nice...and all fat!