Monday, August 3, 2015

Scrumptious Oinks!


I were excited to come here for a Sunday lunch. Could not remember I have been here before but never mind. As long as there is air-conditioning, I am all for it.

First time you notice when you are here is the wall pictures. All are cute piglets. And that is why this place is named Oinks! The main dish is pork!


For those in alcohol, there is an alcoholic bar that serves beers and liquors.

I would not mind dining at the outside section of the cafe since there are ceiling fans but definitely not during afternoon hour. Too hot for my comfort.


So we opted for inside section which is cooler and more private since few tables in there.


Warning! Everything is big in Oinks! So sharing is highly recommended unless you have big appetite.

Even the drinks were served in big tall glasses such as juices.

Our first main was Spaghetti Carbonara. Simply a crowd pleaser. I were impressed by the creamy carbonara and delicious bacon bits. Could not get enough of this scrumptious Spaghetti Carbonara but I think I got to watch my waistline.


On the other hand, I can't say I enjoyed this Piccata Milanese. Or probably my unfamiliarity of Italian cuisine. Initially I planned to order German knuckles but for my kids' sake, we went for Piccata.


This Italian chicken recipe called for a crispy Parmesan crust but it was not crispy at all.  The meat was dry and not much seasoning to it. I do not really enjoyed it even with the sweet dipping sauce. However different story for the mash underneath the Piccata. The potato mash was creamy to my liking.


Probably I should have asked for different dipping. Maybe something more piquant.



We also have this Ham and Cheese Omelette breakfast set for sharing. Scrumptious platter, don't you agree? What fault could we find in a very traditional American breakfast set? Positively none.


So if you are a pork lover and love big portion, I am sure you would enjoy dining in Oinks! I do not mind coming again, maybe next round for its German knuckles but it wouldn't be any time soon. 

14 comments:

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Loves the platter...

Small Kucing said...

me likey.....am an oink oink lover

Linda said...

Nice platter, and I love the name! :)

Imemily said...

same with you
I like to dine in a place with air-con
but unfortunately I don't take bacon

Princess Ribbon said...

Everything looks good.. Same here, better la if can dine in air cond place, for the sake of the kids, and can eat more comfy also..

Anonymous said...

You did not go for the ribs? Something like Jack Pork's here, also very nice...or did my cousin get the one for me from here or at some other places? Let me check...

Anonymous said...

Oh no! It was from Howdy - smoked barbecued pork ribs - they say theirs is nicer.

Nancy Chan said...

Oh, if there is Oinks here in Ipoh, I would definitely go! I love all that you have ordered. They look so delicious and yummy!

wenn said...

I love pork better than beef..

ChrisAu said...

Such a nice place to enjoy the oinks! You seems very adventurous in food lately.:)

trishie said...

Love the name Oinks

Hayley said...

That breakfast set looks good, big portion too!

Ezvina said...

Yummss but where is the pork chop n pork ribs n pork burger?

mun said...

Hahahahaha at how they name the restaurant. Oinks!