Monday, June 23, 2014

Food mark and eat

Been to the Sibu Superbowl few months ago when hubby's company organised a staff bowling tournament.  Played 2 games of bowling and ended up with cramped hands. Lol!  That time, we did not go to the hawker stalls centre which is adjoining the bowling centre since we had food catering then.

Surprisingly, only 4 stalls operating there. A mini hawker centre, they should be called

However last Saturday after picked up my hubby from airport, we went there for dinner.     Heard from Suituapui that new operator took over and I must try out some of its stalls.  So before we went there, I have marked which stall and food that I must have in my mind! There is a book or page mark, so here, I called it food mark! Mark what you want to eat when you happen to be there! ^^

The centre is named as BBC Cafe and it even has a Facebook page. I am not so sure it was called BbcCafe then.

We tried the Malay food stall which is between the Western and Chinese stalls. My girl had its mee goreng (no spicy) for RM3.50. I liked it as not wet at all. My girl thought the same as she finished up most of her noodle. And the Malay couple was very friendly and spoke English with my girl, telling her it was not spicy at all.

And hubby also had its mee jawa (RM4.00). It was rather bland unfortunately, I did not feel it was a great dish that evening.



Who could resist a big glass of cold drink on a warm evening?? We could not get enough of this peach and longan drink!! Fit for 2 persons to consume! And I were not finished yet! This tall glass just cost RM6.00!! Surprise? Surprise? If in Kuching, this tall glass will definitely cost around RM10 or more. I know one fruit juice stall in Waterfront Kuching serves its tall glass of fruit juice at RM15!


This is truly a must-have when you are here! Lamb satay! RM10 for 6 sticks. I am a lamb lover and I gave this satay a thumb up! We could not get enough of this super tasty lamb satay that was tender and juicy. Ooh gosh! Love the fat on the lamb too! Because they used the fatty part, the satay was great. And it went well with the chili sauce!

I have to declare that this kuaw tiaw with cockle is the best that I have tasted in Sibu!! This dish was from the Western food stall. I remember a young man, who is a friend of STP that mend the stall. However I did not introduce myself that night as he just set up his stall when we were there. I had its regular plate for RM6; and what a big serving it came out! I do not think I could finish if I had order its special that come with fried chicken for RM9.90.
Look at the chuncky and fresh cockles


I love that they used the fresh cockles. Nice kuaw tiaw fried to "wok hei" with a bit of pepper to it! Yes! Will come back to try its other menu ie Western dishes. 

And guess what? We loved the lamb satay so much that hubby went there last night to take away its lamb satay. And this time, we also ordered its sotong satay. The sotong satay was nice with its extra hot chilli dipping. But I still like the one I ate in Pattaya which was juicier.  Hubby liked this sotong satay from BBC Cafe more.

Best satays found here!








14 comments:

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Have not taken my dinner, the satay makes me drooling... hehe...

mun said...

The glass of fruit juice is really gigantic. What a huge glass - so worth it for rm6 only. I will like the lamb satay only if not too much fatty bits. But good to hear that you enjoy the food.

Hayley said...

That peach and longan drinks looks good, must be a great thirst quencher!

Blackswan said...

I love satay, but my first choice is always pork. I can't take lamb, the taste is too strong for me. Would love to try the kway teow too!

ChrisAu said...

Th satay definitely looks good as well as the mee goreng. I also like the longan drink, nice for a hot day like this. You found a great place to makan!

suituapui said...

Nice eh? They have new things now - burger looks great and also the sambal sotong - saw the photos on their Facebook page. Must go back there again soon...and yes, the people are all very nice and friendly.

Princess Ribbon said...

I like the fried noodles and the ckt.. Mee jawa looks watery though..

Small Kucing said...

guess if hawker stall will have to be a hit and miss. depending on luck

wenn said...

I love satay too but I prefer chicken..

Coffee Girl said...

now you're becoming Suituapui's protege... food and glorious food! i salivate looking at the mee jawa. haha. That tall drink cost about RM6 i think, at Batu Lintang seafood.

trishie said...

Peach and logan drink looks so refreshing! I would so love a bit of that lamb satay

Reanaclaire said...

I would like to try the koay teow with the wok hei!! :)

hobbestheteddybearkiller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BBC Cafe said...

This is a pleasant surprise. Thank you for your visit and we hope you will come back soon. We strive to improve on a daily basis. Hope your next meal here will be another new experience. Please continue to give us more feedback. Thanks! By the way, we will share this post on our FB. Hope you do not mind.