Friday, May 2, 2014

That cafe in the mall

It was Labour's Day yesterday. Hubby was not working. So we went for our shopping in Giant yesterday.  After finished up with our groceries, it rained outside so we decided to stay longer and ate our lunch in the mall.  There is a Café-café outlet there so we went there.

I like the place, been there once with my kids few months ago.  However, it was rather dark in there, so it was hard to read if you do not have good eye sight.  Wonder why they need to make it so dark in there. 

We enjoyed our lunch; the food came out pretty fast. I got to eat my food in peace as Jamie has dozed off in his stroller.  I shared a plate of Penang fried kuaw tiaw with my boy.  I requested for no spicy as the waitress mentioned it was slightly spicy.  My boy would eat it if it is spicy.

It was nice.  Enough "wok hei" and it served with crackers and sambal too.  I love my char kuaw tiaw with some cockles in it, so this plate has a thumb up from me.  RM10.00 per plate.  Quite big for a person, luckily we all shared and everyone ate a bit, so we managed to finish it up. Even hubby also commented the kuaw tiaw was good.
  


Hubby tried out its lamb chop with mint sauce (RM25.00). The lamb was nicely marinated with spice.  We enjoyed this dish very much.


As usual, nothing goes wrong with fish & chips for my girl.  Her favourite. Since our last meal here, she keeps asking me to bring her back for fish & chips.  I think she likes this Café-Cafe's fish & chips more than other places in Sibu. RM19.00 for a plate of nicely coated fish fillets.


By the time we finished our lunch, the heavy rain has turned to drizzle, and Jamie also awake for his feeding. Just in time.  :) 

10 comments:

Sharon D. said...

I spent Labour Day the same way too - grocery shopping and eating out! ^.^

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I eat lamb chop one time only...

Ezvina said...

wah, I want Keuy Teow for my dinner tonight lah ;)

Hayley said...

My hubby loves lamb chop as well~

suituapui said...

CafeCafe is always good...but often crowded and can get very very noisy - the town one, and that puts me off. They say the one at Giant is cheaper - good to go for lunch, not so many people.

trishie said...

Craving lamb chops now. Looks so yummy

Blackswan said...

My throat hurts badly now.... if only I can have a plate of char kway teow! Hahaha! I'm so terrible!

ChrisAu said...

The kway teow and lamb chop looks good. I was out on Labour day as well as today, shopping around.

mun said...

Is the char kway teow more to those that taste sweet?

Princess Ribbon said...

Yeah if its raining sure will spend longer time in the mall.. As usual I love western.. I love that lamb chop and fish and chips.. Would love to have both!