Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Quick food save kitchen times

It helps to heat up cooked food and lessen times in kitchen when you have young children at home.  With demanding baby and attention-crazed older kids, sometimes you feel like you have to divide your body and soul into few parts to entertain your kids.  And it is not enough.  You are down with stress and having back and shoulder aches and headaches and sometimes you just cannot rest for even a second.  So I have come up to a conclusion that I would have a off day on Sunday.  *wink*

But if I do cook on Sunday, I will whip up simple and quick meal to save times in the kitchen.  And I also love those frozen dishes that I stored in containers in the feezer.  Some day I can just thaw and heat them up when I running out of time to prepare and cook.

I learnt this keeping and freezing method from my MIL.  She used to cook and bring over some dishes such as taw yew bak, rendang and vinegar pork trotters when we stayed in Kuching. THese food will be kept in few food containers.  That time I did not cook much so it was a blessing to taste her homecooked food once a while. 

Now that I cook more and we are staying in Sibu, she still sent some frozen cooked food but not so frequent.  Just last week, she cooked some rendang and pansuh and brought few grams of black dabai for us.

I love her rendang and I have to say my MIL's rendang is the best I ever tasted.  For someone who does not eat beef and not to say, rendang, my MIL has good cooking skill when it comes to rendang.

I never like chicken pansuh because mostly cooked with potato leaves but my MIL did not use those leaves for her pansuh.  She added bunga kantan and I love it.  Honestly I enjoyed her chicken pansuh very much.  The taste and smell were not so overwhelmingly.

Thank you mummy for the yummy dishes!


9 comments:

Ezvina said...

I think its tapioca leaves not potato leaves that you can find in normal in Pansuh.

I love tapioca leaves.

Hayley said...

Wow, I love rendang too!

suituapui said...

Like what we do for my daughter when she goes to her jungle school. Cook and freeze all the dishes for the week and she will only have to heat up whatever she wants and eat. Will save her a lot of trouble and time.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

For me, i hardly cook, most of the time, eat outside...

ChrisAu said...

Wow ... is that same as chicken rendang or something ?

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

I love pansuh with bunga kantan, tapioca leaves n tepus. Nyummy nyummy.

Small Kucing said...

I heard dabai very expensive now

Sharon D. said...

Aww...sweet. I love home cooked meals :)

suituapui said...

Nope, small kucing... Town flooded with durians and dabai this year. RM10 a kilo, can get very good ones already.