Saturday, November 23, 2013

The old time

Feel like walking down the memory lane when I had a short walk and lunch in Padungan on Thursday. It does feel like yester years when I have pork leg rice there. Used to go there almost every Sunday for its famous pork leg rice as kid because my dad loves it so much. And my dad is its regular till they automatically served him a glass of iced lemon tea when my dad goes there.  And I think I inherited the love of eating this food from my dad. 


The shop is just facing the famous Padungan clock tower and it is the first shop. You would not miss it. Last time this family operated pork leg rice only but now they have laksa, kolok mee and sio bee stalls for you to choose from. 

A serving of 4 costs you RM22.00 with rice and serving of soup and curry soup. Used to be cheaper but everything is increasing in price now.


The old man that serves drink is still there. He knows my dad, not me. The old man must be over 70 now but he still look fit. The son is still the same. Busy cutting and serving the meats. What surprised me is the interior of the shop. Not the same like how I remember it. More modernised and it even operating a homestay above the shop. That is very enterprising! So now you have Chai Suan Soon coffee shop with homestay business.


8 comments:

Sharon D. said...

What a lovely place ..to stay and eat! Is it easy to catch a cab there and out, Rose?

suituapui said...

Not too sure which shop this is but I remember Ang Lee at Carpenter Street - the curry rice - rice with steamed chicken, char siew, roast pork and the bathe that with curry gravy. Loved that so much a long time ago - don;t know if they still have that.

Rose world said...

Very easy to take cab in the city. You going to visit Kuching soon?

Rose world said...

I am not so sure whether that shop still exist. There is one old shop in Sekama that famous for curry rice. I also enjoy having my curry gravy all over my rice with chickem curry, char siew and roasted pork.

mun said...

A walk down memory lane of food for you there.

Sharon D. said...

Yes..a short trip to Kuching in 2014 somewhere is being discussed with friends..hehe ^.^

Rose world said...

If you need direction do let me know. I can tell you where to have good Sarawak laksa, kuew chap, kolok mee etc. :) just email me, dear.

Sharon D. said...

Thanks, Rose. You're a gem :)