Monday, August 12, 2013

Finally, I tasted them

We went to Thomson Corner in Jln Pedada on Saturday afternoon. Kids were not around, they went back to Kapit in the morning. 

Hubby and I had early breakfast of kampua in Jln Lanang so we were pretty hungry by 11am. I have been craving for rojak for quite some times, so I nagged hubby to go to Thomson Corner.  He never been there before.  I been there twice with my girl. 

In Thomson we ordered its famous dishes (that I heard so much from others) such as Nasi Lemak Special, Sarawak Laksa, Rojak and Rojak Sotong.

Are you starting to drool over my food? Lol!

Hubby's plate of special Nasi Lemak with super delicious sambal and scented fragrant rice. 


This laksa can compete with those famous laksa in Kuching! I ordered a small bowl but enough to satisfy my tastebuds.

Tasty fruit rojak, full with beancurd, cucumber, pineapple and chestnut. I like its sprinkle of sesame seed. The rojak paste is not bad, not too salty and sweet; just that I commented that it is not enough for me.  However after I tasted the rojak in Taman Muhibbah Hawker Stall last night, I like the one in Taman Muhibbah.  The paste is more "kau" than this rojak in Thomson. 


We ordered its small plate of rojak sotong (RM5) to try. When it came I wondered where were the sotong but found they hidden underneath the kangkung and beancurd. Again I enjoyed its rojak paste with lots of pounded groundnuts. *wink*


6 comments:

Small Kucing said...

Lol..got got payung cafe yet? Must tryvthe food there too

suituapui said...

One of my favourite places in town - not necessarily the best but all good enough and so many choices!

mun said...

First time I heard of rojak sotong and I think I will like to eat this dish. Yum! Yum!

Unknown said...

wow, I;m drooling over the Kuching Laksa...yumz

Hayley said...

Nasi lemak looks good!
But I am more interested in the rojak!!

Mummy Gwen said...

Yums...everything looks good. I like the rojak sotong.