Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My share of changs

I don't know about you, but I feel the times are really passing very swiftly right in front of my eyes!!!  I feel like yesterday, that I just had a bite on meat dumpling.  How about you?
 
It is that time of the year again.  Time to eat your "bak chang" (zhong zi 粽子 ).  I always enjoy eating bak chang and I usually eat one or two chang, but this year, hubby ordered a lot from his colleague.  His colleague made a very nice bak chang.  Not too big dumpling and the meat is delicious.  The rice and meat are not dry.  Fit my taste.  So far I have been eating 3 dumplings since he brought home last Friday night. 
 
Meat chang is saltier
 
 
I have given 12 changs to my family this morning and I still have a stash in the freezer. I just need to warm them up when ever I have that craving.   *wink*  Uneaten bak changs can be stored in refrigerator for 3 - 5 days and in freezer up to 2 months!!


 
This is the traditional Hakka chang, which is full of peanuts and sweeter.  Given by my brother's girlfriend (my future SIL)


5 comments:

suituapui said...

Yalor!!! So fast!!! Kuching best lah!!! Can buy very nice nyonya changs!!! My favourite!!!!

Hayley said...

Happy dumplings festival!!

I already had a few bak changs, hehe..

Unknown said...

Happy Dumplings Festival Rose.

Arthur said Kuching's bak zhang very good one.

Coffee Girl said...

Happy Bak chang Day Rose! now i wish i had one too... long time didnt eat that stuff

mun said...

So far I have not eaten any bak chang yet for this year. Hope to eat some soon. I am salivating over your bak chang. Yum! Yum!