Monday, March 5, 2012

Weekend Menu #21: Shark-y dish

Don't worry I am not going into shark fin!! My hubby is into the anti-shark finning campaign where as I am neutral. However I do agree that the way those people slaughtered the fish and threw into the seas are cruel. And some more it is proven that shark fin does not contain the traditionally believed high level of nutrition. So, why I need to take shark fin now?? I will avoid eating shark fin soup at all cost now.

But this is a very tasty and simple dish that I like. Shark fish in salted soy paste. Small sharks are easily to get in the wet market. I cook the fish in soy paste and a lot of ginger slices, to get rid of the fishy smell.





So, which one would you prefer to eat?? The shark meat or the shark fin???

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Rose, I prefer shark meat. I love shark meat in Kong Pou style.

Yannie said...

I still prefer shark fin in soup.

Small Kucing said...

shark meat is hard to cook right?

got the step to step recipe?

Rose world said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rose world said...

Hi Mamarazzi, it is not difficult to cook shark meat. Just slice the meat thinner, then it will cook fast. Get the smaller size or baby shark, their meat is tender. ;p

suituapui said...

I saw some at the market that day. Didn't but. Never had it before and I think I would just stick to those I'm more familiar with.

Chinneeq said...

still shark fin...hehehe....anyway there are plenty fake shark fin out there so it isn't necessary to use the real shark fin since they taste just the same in soup:)