Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Going to Chinese School

My girl will be going to Primary One next January. We are placing her in Chinese school. At least she must learn Chinese for 6 years so she would not be a "banana" like me! Lol!


Brought some Primary One coursebooks for her. Yeap, kiasu mum! Just to prepare her well for the unexpected in Primary One. These 2 are the books I placed in my shop so she can do some revision in the evening. There are so many books to choose from when I went to Popular Book few weeks ago. Took me about a hour to choose but I did not buy many. I also can't choose well since I don't read Chinese. Lol!

And luckily I did not buy a lot because after reading Mumsgather today, I knew there were 2 different syllabuses around. Starting 2012, Primary school students are to use KSSR syllabus. And as my girl is going to Chinese School I would have to search under the SJKC section for her books as again, they have different syllabus compared to National schools.

Sigh! Why are they making it differently?? Can't they standardised everything and why need to have double standard, etc?? *Headache*

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh never know about this issue. Chinese and National school always has a gap there.

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Wah, I didn't know your girl is going to be Std 1 liao! Anyway, I'm a banana.. :P Since kindergarten I went to Malay school. Learned Jawi, prayers in Bismillah and then primary and secondary school went for national schools. I'm more of a Malay than Chinese :P

Only from Form 3 onwards start to mingle with Chinese students ... otherwise, I think I would've married a Malay hahahaha.. kidding kidding...

Anyway, back to your post, sigh... I hope by the time my boy goes to school they will have a proper and standardised syllabus. I mean, they can't even decide on using English to teach Maths and Science! (am not sure what is the final verdict on this.. didn't follow up :P)

Rose world said...

I heard that they are switching it back to BM?? I also blur blur. Din't follow the news too.

Small Kucing said...

Ya hate them keep switching things around like that

Ezvina said...

have not prepare anything for my son yet :(

mom2ashley said...

wow...good that you are preparing her young. Since you are a banana, are you getting her a tutor?

Yannie said...

My elder girl is the KSSR guinea pig. She is in standard 2 now. It is very hard to find her books in book store, as she is the first year KSSR students.

Rose world said...

Small Kucing, yaloh. You also need to prepare for your primary school too, ok? :)

Ivynana, not too late to do so.

Mom2ashley, yes, I am actually asking around for Chinese and Maths tutor.

Yan, poor girl. Hope she doesnt confuse with the new syllabus.

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Hi Rose,

My son will be in primary one too next year. I thought of sending him to Chinese School, but then, he is doing poorly in his Chinese. So, Sekolah Kebangsaan he will be.

Rose world said...

Willie, my girl is average in Mandarin, but i believe with some tuition she should be doing fine. :) See how she goes next year. Good luck to your son