Monday, May 3, 2010

Too expensive to read

I went to Popular Book last week to buy some books for my little gal as her 4th birthday presents. I ended up spending more than RM30 on her books. They have sales so I got 20 to 50% discounts on children books. Thought of getting a novel since it has been a year I bought a book but after scouting from one book shelf to another, I could not find anything that interested me.

Or probably you can say the price did not fancy me much. The novels were expensive (from my point of view). Not much discount on novels. Wonder where I can find a good second hand book store in Kuching? There used to be one bookstore in Sarawak Plaza that sold second hand books at really cheap price (like RM5 per book) but they no longer have such offer. The books may be old but still in good condition. I used to patronise a book rental store when I was in my secondary school but that store has closed down many years. Sigh!

6 comments:

smallkucing said...

ya lo..books nowadays at those famous bookstore are very expensive. 1 novel at least rm36 ..cheapest. Those new titles goes up to rm70-RM90

wenn said...

books r definitely expensive. sometimes i would just borrow fr the library.

lvynana said...

U can buy from online blog, selling 2nd hand books, lots of them out there. See my review blog www.all-sale.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I really wish one day we dont have to spend so much on the books, i mean not spending so much but the books dont have to be expensive,,,,, my sons love Archie, and Wimpy kids,expensive juga, but now i asked my wife to download unto her Iphone,, free one, and can share share with my wife lol...

Sad to say again, even the library in my town does not showcase good books, so i have no choice buy to buy brandnew,,,,, that makes me cannot rush into finishing the book, so i have to slowly savor it like 10 pages a day only,,,,hahahahah

Dav DiDi said...

somewhere tabuan jaya there, near to healthcare clinic got one.. if not mistaken

Deana E said...

sometimes i buy secondhands from ebay..less expensive