Monday, January 25, 2010

Let it be a day

I have a habit of reading through my comment boxes after few weeks and checking on who were my commenters so I can return their favour and visit their blogs. Sometimes, I will re-read my old posts.

So out of boredom this afternoon, I read this month's posts and I happen to read one comment made by Ms Cat. A sexy mama herself who has 2 lovely daughters. She was commented on my schedule as a working mother. Yes, I know it looks tight, working from Monday to Saturday, 48 hours per week. Sunday again, I am full time mother, "working" at home. What choice do I have? I choose such life, so I cannot complain much right?

Then a thought comes to my mind. Why don't I declare a one day off for myself? A self-declared holiday, just a day!! But would it work? You know, leaving everything behind, let hubby looks after the children, house chore can wait for another day....hmm, what a wonderful thought that would be. But I know myself too well. I could not stand a second, not doing anything. Now I am wondering is that what the fortune master has been telling me??? Remember I told you last year that I change my Chinese name as a soothsayer said I have a bad luck and will work hard (not smart??) for the rest of my life. Hmm, I am the type of person that loves to work, even at home, I could not stop doing something. May it be in front of pc, washing, cooking or cleaning, I have to do something! Gosh! I must take things easily from now onward....

But once a while, I will give myself a break. Visit spa or window shopping with friends, gone for a body massage or facial. It may be 2 or 3 hours, but those hours do count. I make me feel great again. Refresh my body. I need a break. It is not that as a working mum, you do not have life other than your work and family. It is not true. Family and work may be important, but "me time" is a must to protect your sanity and a good stress reliever.

I remember an ex-colleague made a remark about me once. "Why you have to work when you can have the leisure of sitting at home, been a siu lai lai??" Er, if my hubby is rich, I don't mind being one. *wink*

8 comments:

Ezvina said...

very hardworking indeed, totally the opposite of me.

Rose world said...

Ivynana, if I didnt do the work at home, who going to do? Wait for my husband is like waiting for the sky to fall! :p

mNhL said...

Ya....a 'ME' time is sometimes important to keep our sanity. hehe..

Mumsgather said...

You sound like a type A personality. ;) Always on the go.

Rose world said...

mNhL, yaloh, to keep me in sane....hahaha!!

mumsgather, I am type O.... :p

Unknown said...

Well Rose, pick up a sport or hobby. you know, me and my wife we love sports, we run, swim and tennis.

Sometimes i really wished that i have tonnes of tonnes of money, that i dont have to work no more,just have time for the children and the wifey.

sending my children and picking them up from school will be a lot of fun, if i could really do it,
ok got to go and buy lottery already, kena jakcpot then my dream come through.

you take care now, rose

Rose world said...

eugene, hahaha!! I also hope to kena jackpot. but if didnt buy, how to kena leh? So, like you said, better buy lottery now! :p

2crazydogs said...

I have to keep moving, doing this and that too, if not, I get bored. I cannot just sit and watch tv for too long either. must be hyperactive!