Monday, October 26, 2009

New stroke, new name

You wouldn't believe it!

I change my Chinese name. Not really change it, it still sounds the same. Just add few strokes in one character and totally new strokes in another character. I couldn't change my surname, so that remain the same. Lol!

I got my new name last week from the "master". This master is the same guy that we consulted for our Baby Jay's name. It all started from there, when my SIL went to get the auspicious date and time for Baby Jay's delivery. Btw, Baby Jay is 2 months old yesterday. How fast he is growing every day. While consulting for a name for new baby, my SIL been a believer in such stuff, asked about her name. So that is how everyone in the family ended having new names (as in new strokes; the sound of names remain more or less the same). For better luck, the master said.

As for my old name, the master said I would be working and working my whole life, and a very frank person (meaning, I talk what I want to and will easily offend others). So my new name eludes those bad characters. Now I have to carry my new name in a piece of paper in my purse and a key chain tied to my house key. It is good thing, as I have yet accustomed to new new name. Some more, I am Mandarin illiterate. In future if anyone ask or want to know how to write my name, I just show them in that paper or on the key chain. However, I think I need to learn how to write it out.

I don't really believe in those stuff, and it costs a fortune to change a name too but since my hubby believes in those stuff, I just follow suit. Is it coincident or what? My SIL recently in good money luck, winning few 4Ds since she changed her name in July. Or is it something else? Hmm, I wonder my luck would change for good soon??

7 comments:

Ezvina said...

very intereting.

wenn said...

hope for the best..

Zooropa said...

Change a name can change one's fortune?... Like you, I never believe those thing. Anyway, I hope there'll be good luck following u after the change!

Dora:-)

Dav DiDi said...

Wahhh .. interesting .. changing name and bringing good luck ...

mNhL said...

I heard of these things too - name = our luck. I kind of believe but never consult a 'master' before. Wish u luck!

vialentino said...

tell me if change of name can change ur luck...i wanna know this.

how much u pay for it?

Rose world said...

Hi Via, it cost RM300+ for a name. Expensive hor? But if really bring good luck, i guess cost is no the issue here. I let you know in few months time see if I have change of luck! :p