Monday, August 25, 2008

We are parting but it is not a goodbye


I woke up around 6.30am today and it was actually later than my usual time. Must be the weekend air that was still hanging around my bones. If not because of the children’ noise from the school behind our house (schools re-start today), I wouldn’t be able to wake up and go to work in time.

In regardless of everything, the traffic is pretty good, not that jam. I even reached office 10 minutes earlier. It was very relaxed in the office and I already starting to think of what I am going to do for the next few days. People called it a Monday blue but the feeling of going to work this morning is very different from my other day. Why not? Today is my last day with the company. My colleagues even jokingly reminded me so.

I am very relax today, the past few days I have been passing down and hand over updates and clearing old stuff on my desks. It was easy to handover to my colleague as more or less she is familiar with my responsibility. So you can say that I leave with a lighted heart knowing everything is in order and having my colleague taking over my works. Not much to bring home as I don’t have many personal stuff kept in the office.

I remember vividly on my first day, my ex-manager conducted a meeting with staff and everyone was busy running around the office. Don’t know what was the big rush then but everyone was busy with their own things that I was left in a corner reading up a big pile of documents. Boy! All those business terms! There were so many terms that I did not understand that time. I worked pretty late that day, had dinner with my colleagues (ex now) who provided some insights on the company history. It was tiring but I learnt many things on my first day. There was one time when my ex-manager told me that he could not believe that I would last long in the company. LOL.

That was 9 years ago. It was sad to leave behind my colleagues who eventually become my close friends. We may no longer work together, but I know our path will cross again. We even promised each other to get together for lunch since my new office is just a stone throw away.

I will be joining the new office next month, so you can say that I am going “idle” for a week time. But not that idle as I have chunks of staff handbook to read and familiarize with before I start next week.

2 comments:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Wishing you all the best in your new job :D

Rose world said...

Thanks a lot, Nick my friend!